Shack Attack Super Sprint December 1
We regret to inform you that the Shack Attack has now had to be cancelled because the Colac and Otway Shire have deemed the land we were to hold the event on, as under a “conservation” overlay, and there is no way a permit will be offered. This was news to the owners of the land who have farmed it for four generations. Apparently you can plough the land, allow cows to walk all over it but you can’t ride motorbikes on it. This is extremely disappointing for the club and the owners of the land who have worked so hard to build an awesome track for us.
Shack Attack Super Sprint will be held at Hordern Vale/Aire River in Victoria. This magnificent riding country will get the hearts of all dirt bike enduro riders racing. The track is difficult to extreme, with steep terrain and a lengthy ride along a creek with a few small waterfalls. We’ll guarantee you’ll be smiling from ear to ear as you experience this track from the Enduro gods. Each lap will be approximately 20 minutes, we expect to run between 6 to 8 races.
This is an AMA Event, therefore you will require an AMA Competitive Licence to race. You can obtain a licence by clicking on the AMA logo below or one of the orange button towards the bottom of this page.
Don’t miss out on this event register early, this event will be limited to 80 riders.
Seniors $100 entry (plus a $50 cash deposit for the transponder, which will be paid on the day of the event. Deposit will be refunded at the end of the event.)
There will be prizes for first, second and third for each class.
Seniors: Two Classes (Expert and Clubman)
- Expert (You know you’re good and so does everyone else)
- Clubman (You think you’re pretty good but others say different)
- FREE Camping will be available on the property (no showers)
- Catering will be available on Saturday night, Sunday breakfast and Lunch
- One day Otway Enduro Club memberships are available.
- AMA Competitive riding licence required for this event.
- Racing numbers will be supplied on the day.
- Catering available on the day.
- Each lap will be approximately 20-25 minutes, you can expect to compete in between 6 to 8 races.
- Riders can drop their slowest lap time (Winners will have the quickest total of all other lap times combined)
- One bike per rider, NO second bike allowed.
- No dogs allowed.
- No noisy bikes, a sound meter will be testing.
- Each bike will need to pass scrutineering.
Getting an AMA Competitive Riding Membership
These are your AMA membership options:
$33.00 per person for a competitive riding membership for 12 months.
$66.00 per family competitive riding membership for 12 months (Family is considered to be those listed on your Medicare Card)
AMA Enduro Competitive Racing Membership
Please note: Otway Enduro Club committee reserve the right to make changes to the details of the Shack Attack Super Sprint at anytime.
Entries Close: Sunday 24th November or when field capacity is full.
Final Instructions will be supplied after entries close, this will be supplied via email.
Want to see what the track terrain looks like, watch this video.
Race Day Schedule
- 7.00am - 8.00am
- Registration & Bike Scrutineering
- 8.15am - 8.30am
- Race Briefing
- We'll run through the format for the day, how it will work etc.
- 8.40am -
- Practice Lap
- 9.30am -
- First Round of Races Kicks Off
- 3 riders at a time sent off at 30 second intervals.